My name is Janet, and I help people who are facing difficult times. I see the person,
not their problems or symptoms, a fellow human being. I wonder if I am able to help you? With wide experience in counselling, hypnotherapy and supervising other counsellors, I am able to
tailor what I provide to match your individual needs. Building on my experence as a Nurse Practitioner, I offer the prompts below to give you an indication of the types of work I do. If
you’re interested, why not get in touch? A warm welcome awaits you.
- Do you suffer from anxiety, stress, panic disorder, post traumatic stress or depression?
Have you experienced thoughts of harming yourself or suicidal ideas?
- Have you undergone a loss or bereavement and don’t seem able to
- Do you feel worthless, de-motivated? Lost your confidence or self
- Is your food intake erratic or are you unable to face food? Worried about being
overweight or underweight? Do you need help to lose weight?
- Is your sleep pattern out of synchronisation, either too much or too little sleep, poor
quality sleep? Do you feel agitated or find it difficult to relax?
- Are you addicted to substances such as tobacco, alcohol or drugs? Are you having
difficulty Stopping Smoking? Do you have obsessive behaviour patterns such as excessive gambling or spending binges?
- Are you experiencing problematic relationships at home or work? Do you become angry
or violent towards others? Do you feel socially isolated?
- Do you suffer from irrational fears or phobias? Reptiles, Insects, Travel by
Aeroplane or Ship, Blood, Heights, Enclosed Spaces, - Hypnotherapy can help you conquer these fears.
- Do you suffer chronic pain, such as Arthritis, Cancer, Multiple
- Do you have a terminal illness? Or are you caring for someone who is terminally
- Are you having difficulty with intimate relationships or erectile
- Are you experiencing difficulty in conceiving or have you had miscarriages. Worried
about your pregnancy or childbirth?
- Do you suffer with chronic or debilitating medical problems such as Diabetes, High Blood
Pressure, Breathing difficulties, Heart Problems, Bowel Disorders, Nerve or Muscle Disease?
Our problems do not define us, it is how we face them that
I became an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and
Psychotherapists (BACP) in 2004, and work in accordance with their Ethical Framework. I am also a United Kingdom Registered Independent Counsellor (UKRC) and have current Professional Indemnity Insurance. My long medical experience has been invaluable in providing insight into how physical illness can impact
upon psychological well-being and how mental issues can cause physical ill health. As your guide, we can address your darkests thoughts and feelings, to help you live a happier
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Innervision Hypnotherapy School Hull) in
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Supervision (York St John University) in
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Children & Young People (Doncaster College)
- Diploma in Counselling for Health Care Professionals Sheffield University in
- State Registered Midwife (Jessop Hospital for Women) in 1976
- Registered General Nurse, (Northern General Hospital) in 1973
- Person Centred
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Psychodynamic Counselling
- Transactional Analysis
- Behavioural and Cognitive Methodologies
Venue and Prices
I am based in Darfield, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 9HQ and can be reached on 07882
My prices are affordable at £45 per hour so you can access the help you need. On request,
for a limited number of clients, I may be able to offer a temporary reduction for up to six sessions.