Counselling is an opportunity to talk openly and confidentially
about how your problems are affecting you. Within a safe and supportive environment, this process will help you identify repetitive behaviour patterns, understand how your choices impact on
your current life and help you explore options for change. Whatever your problems or difficulties, I will listen without judging you. By restoring the balance and harmony in your inner
world, you tend to find more balance and harmony in your outer world. Together, we will find the right pathway for you.
Where Counselling Can
- Counselling is often helpful in addressing anxiety, stress, panic disorder, post traumatic
stress, or depression where I can assist you in feeling calm, confident and in control of your life.
- Loss and bereavement often uncovers many strong emotions both good and bad. I can
normalise these feelings, helping you cope with your emotional upheaval and move forward in a positive manner.
- If you are you finding life difficult following a separation or divorce, feeling
worthless, lost your confidence and de-motivated, I can assist you to focus on the future, regain confidence, competence and self-esteem.
- Counselling can help people with health related issues such as chronic illness, life
threatening conditions and health anxieties. Also, I am happy to support and counsel carers and relatives, who often feel overwhelmed by the task of looking after elderly or ill relatives, and
don’t know where to turn.
- Counselling can assist you in adjusting to life changing events such as house re-location,
retirement, redundancy, helping you consider options and strategies to get your life back on track.
- Therapy assists couples experiencing problems with intimate relationships, conception,
miscarriage or termination of pregnancy and a range of childbirth related issues. .
- Counselling can help you consider strategies to alleviate problematic relationships at
home or work, feeling angry or violent towards others, or combating social isolation.
- Cognitive methodologies can often help you take back control of your life if you are
addicted to substances (such as alcohol, tobacco or drugs) or have obsessive behaviour patterns (including gambling, spending or OCD generally).
Venue and Prices
I am based in Darfield, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 9HQ and can be reached on 07882
My prices are affordable at £45 per hour so you can access the help you need. On request, for a
limited number of clients, I may be able to offer a temporary reduction for up to six sessions.
Counselling up to 10 sessions, each lasting 1
Long-term Psychotherapy over a number of
appointments, as a “safety net” at the ending of our time together.
It is not uncommon for me to work with a client for
a period of weeks or months, for them to cease therapy and then return for further work months or even years later, as their circumstances change,
All sessions are Confidential between you and me, except in certain
If I believe you are at risk of injuring yourself or
someone else, following discussion, I may enlist the help of your General Practitioner (GP) who may offer further care.
If you disclose a current Child Protection issue, I
would be obliged to inform the Children’s Social Services Team so they could investigate and help the Parent or Guardian protect the Child.
If you were to tell me of a vulnerable adult who is
being abused, I would need to enlist the help of the Adult Protection Team.